This program has already resulted in:
1) The structure
Meanings of Timbuktu, whose French translation is expected,
2) Green Paper "South Africa in Africa and South Africa in Africa"
3) a special edition of the magazine Africa-Development.
Other joint concern including the price for Archie Mafeje publications / in Africa, the publication of a book by young researchers in a series entitled Africa Focus, the HSRC involvement in the project "Child and Youth Development"; HSRC’s participation in the organization and conduct of the methodological workshop Botswana for Southern Africa; organization by CODESRIA from one session to the next session of Sahara Conference, co-organization in 2012, the World Social Science Forum (WSSF) preparing a special issue of African Sociological Review on Global Economic Crisis and South Africa’s continental role.
But there is also conducting a Program joint research entitled "South Africa in Africa Research Project "and whose sub-themes are:
1) Partnering for Africa
Continental Peace and Security, a 15 year review;
2) Post-Conflict Reconstruction and Regional Integration in Africa - a comparative perspective;
3) The Politics of Play - a focus on 2010 (culture, identity, legacy, tourism and economic development;
4) Trade and Corporate growth: shifts in production and consumption, and
5) South Africa, Africa and the Global South - citizenship, diplomacy, brain drain, migration, regional comparisons, regional partnerships, Africa’s diplomacy and multilateral institutions).
For further information on The CODESRIA/HSRC Collaborative Programmes, please send a message to this address: